Pages

Monday, October 30, 2017

THE KID'S SHARED BEDROOM






After I found out I was pregnant with baby number three we decided to move Rollin in with his big sister so that the baby could have his room. Both kids have really adjusted well and while I was hesitant to put Rollin in a toddler bed right away (he was 18 months at the time) he wanted to make the swap and has been sleeping in it ever since. There were two things I knew I wanted for the room. Matching toddler beds and a large, white modern dresser for their clothes. With the help of my brother-in-law and sister-in-law we were able to find a bed that matched exactly with the one that was already in the room. Both of the beds were found on Facebook Marketplace and I tried to find a link to one online, but it seems these beds don't exists and I can only conclude that this model has been discontinued. Soon after finding a bed we decided to purchase the Malm dresser from Ikea and it fits perfectly between the two beds and has plenty of room for both of their clothes.    




My talented sister, Natalie painted this doll house and furniture for Lainey before she was born and it is truly a treasured piece. Not only does it receive many hours of play but I think it looks adorable in the room. My sister also made the two banners with kid's names on them that hang above their beds. She is my go to person when it comes to art and wall decor.  






One of my concerns with moving both kids into one room was the where to put all the toys. I didn't want the room itself to be cluttered with too many and there wasn't a lot of space left with both beds and the dresser. So I turned to Pinterest for ideas and decided to go with the popular trend of utilizing closet space. We found a Threshold brand organizing shelf at our local Dirt Cheap store for about half the price. I realize that most people don't have a Dirt Cheap store so I've added a link at the bottom to the one from Target. We ordered some storage bins from Amazon and use them for toys such as Legos, play food and dress up clothes. We also decided to use some of the storage bins for shoes and one for dirty clothes. They are so accessible to Lainey and she can reach her shoes and put away her clothes easily. The other side of the closet is used for hanging clothes and underneath is a white cabinet that we use to store a few more toys, Lainey's jewelry box and their piggy banks. The play kitchen was a gift from grandparents a few years ago and I was unable to find a link for it. I'm linking some of the other items in the room below.




Children's table and chairs - IKEA  / Dresser- IKEA / Organizer shelf - Target/ White bed comforter- IKEA/ White Pom Pom bed comforter- Target/ Gold Heart sheet set- Target/ Black and White Scallop sheet- Target/ Fox Pillow- The Wild Kids Apparel / Cloth Storage Bins- Amazon











0 comments:

Post a Comment