Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2015

BRUSHSTROKE PARTY HAT

                    


    What's a party without party hats? For my sister's birthday party I needed some hats that were unique, stylish and matched my color scheme. I came up with a simple design that beautifully displayed the colors I wanted. So here are my step by step instructions for a brush stroke party hat. 

You will need:
Party hats
Cardstock
Acrillic paint
Paint brush
Scissors
Hot glue gun

Step 1. Pick out paint colors that match your color scheme. I used light pink, hot pink, white and gold. Now paint long horizontal brush strokes across your cardstock. You can overlap your colors for a beautiful blending effect and the paint can be applied as light or dark as you want. 



Step 2. Next you will need a regular party hat. I purchased mine from the dollar store. The hat will serve as a base for your party hat and provides you with the elastic needed to hold the hat in place. Take the regular party hat apart and trace the outline over your cardstock. Be sure to cut your cardstock slightly larger so that the regular party hat will not show underneath. 

Step 3. Cut slits in your cardstock to match the ones in the disassembled party hat. Now reassemble the party hat and assemble your cardstock hat the same way.


Step 4. Lastly slide your cardstock hat over the party hat and secure between the two with some hot glue


Now you a have a simple, stylish upgrade to an ordinary party hat. 







0 comments:

Post a Comment