Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

NURSERY REVEAL


  The moment we found out we were having a baby girl, I started planning her nursery. I knew I wanted to use pastels with gold accents. I wanted a warm cozy feel that was girly, but with some modern accents. My husband did an amazing job painting some of the big pieces of furniture, and my sister also came to our rescue and helped out on some of the smaller pieces. We weren't able to get to everything because there just wasn't enough time and our sweet Lainey came a week early (we were good with that though!). I would love to paint her rocking chair white as well as add some other decorations. There will be plenty of time for that though. I am pleased with the way her room turned out. It's probably my favorite room in the house. Oh and Lainey says it's her favorite too. ;)


                              
                         

T H E  D E T A I L S

•Furniture- previously owned or bought locally pieces that we made over.
•Crib Sheets- DIY
•Curtains-Target
•Mobile-DIY but can be purchased here
•Ottoman-Repurposed
•Baskets-TJ-Maxx and Dirt Cheap
•Lamps-Repurposed. Shades are from Dirt Cheap.
•Pillow and Blanket-DIY
•Other small decoratons-Gifts

*Photo of the three of us was taken by my sister Natalie Marks.














3 comments:

  1. I was so excited to see the canvas I made on Lainey's wall! Her room is so adorable & I love your new blog! Can't wait for more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah! We love the canvas you painted. It goes so well with her room. You are such a talented artist. Have you considered going into business?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, kind of... :) I have an etsy shop, but I have to complete a few setup things and then actually put some things on it! I enjoy making canvases & door hangers & things like that just for the fun of it, really.

    ReplyDelete